Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Week of April 30, 2012

1. "God is in the Radio"--Queens of the Stone Age, Songs for the Deaf:
I discovered Queens of the Stone Age and this album because Dave Grohl was playing drums with them.  It is a solid album that I tend to forget about.  I have never bought any of their previous or later albums.  I think I have one of their later singles.  However, this song is a solid one off of a strong album.  NO SHAME.

2. "All Around the World"--The Jam, Greatest Hits:
The Jam is one of those bands that I should listen to a lot more.  Every time they come up on the shuffle, I dig it.  I have this greatest hits album but have not ever listened to it start to finish.  Good stuff and definitely NO SHAME.

3.  "O Holy Night"--The Carpenters, Christmas Portrait:
I feel like I should get a pass for having the Carpenters for my Christmas music, but even during Christmas time I typically skip their versions of the classics.  In my opinion, it is not a good version of the song and does nothing for me (especially in the spring time).  The Carpenters are nowhere near my personal taste in music and I am feeling the shame!  I am done with this one.  For the second time ever, we have a SHUFFLE KILLER!!

1 comment:

  1. The Jam should ALWAYS be shuffle gold, my brother. ALWAYS. :-)

    ReplyDelete