Friday, May 4, 2012

Special Beastie Boys Shuffle Gold Edition: RIP MCA

To Honor Adam Yauch (AKA "MCA") and his contributions as a co-founder of the legendary Beastie Boys, I am shuffling only my Beastie Boys catalogue.  Consider all of the following SHUFFLE GOLD!!

1. "Multilateral Nuclear Disarmament"--the Beastie Boys, Hot Sauce Committee Part 2:
An instrumental track off of the most recent Beastie Boys album.  A good groove to start, but we need some MCA rhymes.

2. "Lee Majors Come Again"--the Beastie Boys, Hot Sauce Committee Part 2:
Great song off of the newest album.  Best MCA line: "I'll stage a coup and usurp your position
'Cause--'cause like a Mormon, I'm on a mission." I'm ready for some older stuff.  Come on shuffle.

3. "High Plains Drifter"--the Beastie Boys, Paul's Boutique:
The second album from the Beasties and an absolute masterpiece.  I was never a huge fan of the first album but was completely sold with this album and never looked back.  A lot of trading lines back and forth between the three on this song, but the best MCA line is "cool like lemonade."

4. "The New Style"--the Beastie Boys, Ill Communication:
One of the better songs on this album for me.  Best MCA line: "And I got more juice than Picasso got paint."

5. "Time to Build"--the Beastie Boys, To the 5 Boroughs:
A full lyrical contrast from the Ill Communication songs with a political rant against President George W.  with the chorus "It takes a second to wreck it; It takes time to build." Best MCA line: "We've got a president we didn't elect; The Kyoto Treaty he decided to neglect."

Plenty of other songs that I would have preferred but that's the shuffle.
Sad today about MCA's passing but I will have the Beastie Boys on heavy rotation for days to come.  Thanks Adam Yauch (1964-2012).






No comments:

Post a Comment