Friday, December 2, 2011

Week of December 5, 2011

1. "Birds Fly"--They Might Be Giants, Then: The Earlier Years:
They Might Be Giants are always fun and clever. I tend to like a song here and there from them. More recently, I have enjoyed their albums for kids, having bought them for my kids. This is a short song but doesn't do too much for me. MEH.

2. "The Zephyr Song"--The Red Hot Chili Peppers, By The Way:
I bought this album shortly after being overseas for 2 years. I had liked Californication but was losing my interest in the RHCPs. As I have said in a previous post, I was a rabid fan for a couple of years, especially during the Mother's Milk tour. I don't like this album as much as the earlier ones, but this song works. NO SHAME.

3. "Are You Gonna Be My Girl"--Jet, Get Born:
This song captures the early 2000s for me. All of the "The" bands (the Strokes, The Hives, The Killers, et al) were garnering attention. Even though these guys are missing the "The" in their name, I lump this song in with that particular sound. I always liked this song as a single but was never interested in more than 2 or 3 of this band's songs. NO SHAME.

4. "Your Love"--The Outfield, 80's Hits Stripped:
My friend Mark recently gave me this album. All of the "hits" from the 80s played acoustic style or with less members. Not exactly unplugged. This song takes me back to the high school days, but I was never a fan. This was a radio song for me. I could listen to it without cringing too much but it's not my bag. MILD SHAME.

5. "Give A Little Love"--Rilo Kiley, Under the Blacklight:
I know a little Rilo Kiley but not this song. They are a band that I wanted to listen to more, but they don't maintain my interest beyond a few songs. MEH.

No comments:

Post a Comment