Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Week of September 17, 2012

1. "Storm Front"--Billy Joel, Storm Front (1989):
I was pretty much done with Billy Joel by this point.  I saw him live for The Bridge tour, and he was great.  This album had the "We Didn't Start the Fire" single, which was decent but not nearly as strong as early Joel stuff.  This song is not so good but provides no shame. MEH.

2. "Minority"--Green Day, Warning (2000):
From Billy Joel to Billy Joe.  I am a fan of Green Day.  I saw them many times in small venues before they became megastars.  They have a series of new albums coming out in the next few months, and I am looking forward to them.  I do not know this album as well as their others, but this is one of the better songs off of this album.  Definitely SHUFFLE GOODNESS.

3. "The House Wins"--OK Go, Oh No (2005):
Just an okay song off of a great album.  These guys always make great videos (though there is not one for this song--not one of the singles) and had several songs off of this album that were strong.  Though not as awesome as other songs on this album, it is still a pretty solid tune.  SHUFFLE GOODNESS.

4. "Unchained"--Van Halen, Fair Warning (1981):
I may have to shut the shuffle down for this week after this song.  My Van Halen fanaticism is no secret, and this song is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE VH song of all time.  When I saw them live for the first time--my first concert ever--they opened with this song.  When I got my first tape deck for my car, this was the first song played as loud as possible.  There is not much else to say.  I know that my rules are to only kill the shuffle with a "shuffle shame," but this song is a rule changer.  Nothing can follow this song this week. The ultimate SHUFFLE GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: