Friday, March 9, 2012

Week of March 12, 2012

1. "Hailee's Song"--Eminem, The Eminem Show:
I like some Eminem songs but do not listen to his whole albums. I tend to like the "hits," as it were, and confess that I like the movie 8 Mile. However, I have never heard this song before and would typically skip this song in a shuffle. Not sure why I have this full album on my shuffle. MILD SHAME.

2. "Spy of Love"--INXS, Shabooh Shoobah:
INXS was about as "alternative" as I got in high school. I was a hard rock dude and really thought I was exploring some 80s new wave when I cranked the INXS. This album was popular when I was in high school. Some of my classmates had a cover band that played the school dances and always covered "Don't Change." This song is a deep cut on the album and is good. NO SHAME.

3. "It's on the Rocks"--The Donnas, Spend the Night:
The Donnas are an all girl band, following the trail of the Runaways and ripping off AC/DC riffs (in a good way). Making the rock their own and carrying off all the sexual innuendo, they are a great party band. However, you just need one Donnas album. The songs all run together a bit. NO SHAME.

4. "I Miss the Girl"--Soul Coughing, El Oso:
As stated in previous posts, I have come to appreciate Mike Doughty's more recent solo work more than the Soul Coughing. There are a few Soul Coughing songs that stick, but this is not one of them. MEH.

5. "Kracked"--Dinosaur Jr., You're Living All Over Me:
Old school Dinosaur saving this shuffle on the last song! You're Living All Over Me is definitely on my top 1o album list. The greatest thing about Lou Barlow returning to the band is that they played a lot of these songs when I saw them live a few years ago. Anything off of this album is automatic SHUFFLE GOLD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment